MAP in 2019
We welcome the New Year with the amazing news that MAP will be opening its corporate office as of February 1, 2019. This has been made possible thanks to the continued generosity of Samaneh and Siavash Tahbazof, who have kindly donated the office space at 1337 Folsom Street in San Francisco to MAP.
This space will help usher MAP into a new era of operations, helping to strengthen the backbone of our organization and programs.
MAP’s programs empower impoverished children by providing them with the tools they need to reach their highest potential, leading them to long-term self-sufficiency and sustainability.
In 2019, we will:
- Expand our Nutrition Outreach & Hygiene Programs in the U.S. which provide; food, laundry facilities and personal hygiene products to impoverished children via schools and shelters on a regular basis.
- Support the Destiny Art Center Program helping provide arts programing to impoverished children in Oakland, CA.
- Provide an outdoors learning space for children at Peninsula Learning Center.
- Construct ten schools in Gilan, Ilam, Lorestan, Kerman, Kermanshah, Khuzestan, Kurdistan and Sistan & Baluchestan provinces of Iran.
- Continue providing vocational training and health insurance for orphaned children in Kerman, Iran.
- Establish 15 additional kindergarten/preschools (Roostamahds) in remote and underserved villages of Iran. This will help us reach the goal of empowering thousands of children with access to early childhood education in 100 remote Iranian villages.
- Continue to nurture the girls at MAP’s private orphanage in Kerman. Thanks to the generosity of The Tahbazof Family Foundation, last year, we purchased the building which is home to these girls.
- Continue supporting Cambodian orphans through our Foster Care Program and strengthen the curriculum at MAP’s HOPE school in Cambodia.
- Construct MAP’s 5th school in Senegal in partnership with Netangue Senegal. In addition, we will support the free meal program at MAP’s four other schools in the area.
- Purchase and install solar lights and provide clean water at 15 primary schools in remote villages of Sierra Leone.
- Purchase computers and support the establishment of a New Coding School at Mother Miracle School in India. And,
- Provide daily food for 100 impoverished children in Guatemala in partnership with San Marcos Foundation.
All this is made possible thanks to the kindness and support of MAP’s community of donors and volunteers. We look forward to continuing our work together.
With Our Deepest Gratitude and Regards,
MAP Board of Directors
Delfarib Fanaie, Ladan Judge, Maryam Refahi, Yasamin Shamshiri, Maryam Winans